Skip to main content

T Minus One and Counting

Check in time for me is 6:45 am.  And here I am at 10:30 pm drinking water.  I'm supposed to drink 2 liters of fluid between 8pm and midnight and it takes a long time to do that.  Plus I'm not really worried about sleeping; after all that liquid, who will be able to stay in bed?

Surgery is imminent, we are ready.  There are some nerves and worry about the aftermath of the surgery but on the whole I'm very optimistic and ready to be done.  The medical and surgical teams are great, the hospital is excellent, we are in good hands.

Today was cold and sunny and we got to go for a walk.  Life is good and going to be better.  I appreciate all the support and encouragement we've received and the help we'll get for the next couple of weeks.  See you on the flip side!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

It's been awhile since I've posted any knitting, but I have finished a few things. Let's see, I got it into my head that I had to finish my Cozy wrap before our trip to Ireland, so I could take it on the plane as a blankie. Well, I knitted and knitted, so much so that my elbow began to hurt (ack!) but didn't finish. I decided to take it with me as airplane knitting, even though the larger, sharper Harmony needles I was using could perhaps be a problem, but they sailed through security screening each time. (I love these needles by the way, in all sizes. I haven't had any problems with them at all.) So Cozy came with me, sat on my lap, and I finally finished it halfway through the trip. Then I decided that it wasn't long enough, so I packed it into my suitcase and planned to block it out larger after returning home. Well, I blocked it and now it's really long, but I still like it and use it to throw over my shoulders as I sit and knit at home. Here...

I Can't Stand It Anymore

Those who know me accept the fact that I am an English major at heart, if not in real life.  I can spot a typo at 50 paces and a misplaced apostrophe at 100.  I have much more respect for writers (even bloggers and people who post in forums on the net) if they use apostrophes correctly and spell accurately.  In reading one of my favorite knitting blogs just now, I was disappointed in the author (who I enjoy and generally think does a great job of keeping her grammar and spelling top notch) when she made the mistake that I seem to notice constantly lately.  (No, family, it's not putting "at" at the end of a sentence, but that annoys me, too.) Lose vs. loose.  What is so hard about this?  Loose is when your pants are too big and fall down.  Lose is what you've done when you can't find your car keys.  You don't loose weight, you lose it (if you're lucky.) The sweater you knit is not too lose, it's too loose (assuming it's size is too large for you....

Sunday's Garden

How the weeks fly by when I have to remember to take pictures on Sundays. Here's what's new today.