Skip to main content

Doesn't Take Much...

to get me excited. I went to Michael's today in search of Dishrag cotton and came back with three balls of Sugar 'n Cream (the "original"). I'm going to try making one of them - I made sure to get a ball with two bias-knit dishcloth patterns on it so I can see just how easy this can be. Since I have to start off our team's relay, I'll have to be super quick. In looking at their blogs, it seems that some of my teammates are very accomplished knitters. I don't want to be the weak link in the chain!

Speaking of getting yarn, I had a great mail day on Monday. I got my package from The Loopy Ewe (it's true - Sheri is lightening fast). Along with the laceweight Lane Borgosesia Cashwool, I got some new sock yarns to try. There's Dream in Color Smooshy in the Nightwatch colorway, Fiesta Boomerang in Rhubarb, and yarn from The Knittery in Chocolate Royale. You can see my little swatch there for MS3. I really like the light feel of the fabric it made, but I obviously made mistakes and some of the yarnover holes are larger than the others. I'm going to give it a try, but I can see where I might end up doing the stole in a fingering weight yarn. When I went back to the socks I was working on, I was amazed at how much easier it was to work with, even with smaller needles!

My current sock progress:
Left is the Victorian Lace in Panda Wool and on the right is the Waving Lace in Zen String Bambewe. I have the other Waving Lace done to the heel, and the other Victorian Lace has to be frogged and begun again, since I experimented with a smaller cast on number and it turned out to be too tight. I'm always fiddling with the sock patterns because I hate it when the socks turn out too loose.

Today was finally the last day of school for our High School Junior-to-be. We have a couple of days, then we pick up our exchange student at the airport on Friday night. We have a Spanish young lady coming to stay with us for the month of July. We are looking forward to showing her some of the Pacific Northwest, and making a new international friend.





Comments

Anonymous said…
That does look pretty, what size needle did you use?


What yummy sock yarn, I am drooling over my keyboard!

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Up To: Part Three. Missouri

Tuesday morning The Princess and I flew to St. Louis, rented a car, and drove a couple of hours to St. Robert, MO.  My SIL joined the National Guard and graduated from Boot Camp on May 9th, so we wanted to be on hand to congratulate him.  May 8th was Family Day, so we got to pick him up at Fort Leonard Wood and take him with us for the day.  He looks very handsome and impressive in his dress uniform! The Princess and her cadre of Army Wives.  Facebook is handy for making connections! We enjoyed meeting some of his buddies and their families and spending some quiet time, then had to have him back on post at 9:00 PM.  The next morning, we went back for an impressive graduation ceremony.  When that was over, we drove to a restaurant several miles out of town.  The drive was beautiful and the restaurant was actually in a cave.  The "shuttle" from the parking lot to the restaurant and "resort" was an old, rickety van driven by someone who might

The Great Adventure 2017 Part Eleven

Okay, we are heading into our last week and I should finish the narrative in no time!  We left off as we were riding the train to Oxford, which was where we picked up our next car.  Our B&B was in Stow-on-the-Wold, which should have been a fairly quick and easy drive.  Unfortunately, our GPS again conspired against us and by the time we figured out we were indeed going in the wrong direction, we had made our drive into a considerably longer one than it needed to be.  I hesitate to say that we wasted time, since seeing any place in England was interesting, but we did have to do some backtracking to get where we needed to be. We spent two nights in a very quaint building that was built in 1640.  The narrow circular staircase and slant to the floors bore out this fact. Imagine carrying two suitcases up these stairs! We had heard good things about the Cotswolds and were looking forward to seeing some part of the area.  Our first impression was that they are indeed popular with

Catching Up

It's been awhile since I've posted any knitting, but I have finished a few things. Let's see, I got it into my head that I had to finish my Cozy wrap before our trip to Ireland, so I could take it on the plane as a blankie. Well, I knitted and knitted, so much so that my elbow began to hurt (ack!) but didn't finish. I decided to take it with me as airplane knitting, even though the larger, sharper Harmony needles I was using could perhaps be a problem, but they sailed through security screening each time. (I love these needles by the way, in all sizes. I haven't had any problems with them at all.) So Cozy came with me, sat on my lap, and I finally finished it halfway through the trip. Then I decided that it wasn't long enough, so I packed it into my suitcase and planned to block it out larger after returning home. Well, I blocked it and now it's really long, but I still like it and use it to throw over my shoulders as I sit and knit at home. Here&#