Skip to main content

Okay, okay

The hordes have been clamoring for a blog update (well, two have anyway) so here I go.  What's been going on since I last provided any real information?  A lot, which is probably why I fell down on the job of reporting.

My last informational post was last March (!) and a couple of weeks after that, DH suffered a stroke.  Fortunately it was mild as strokes go, but boy do you learn to appreciate the ease of thinking, walking, speaking, and writing when those things become difficult.  He started therapy right away and after a couple of sessions, was released to follow up on his own.  The warm pool at our condo complex in the desert was great for him to work in and he did that regularly until we left to come up north.  His first goal was to play golf and dance at his son's wedding on May 17th.  I'm happy to report that he did both.



He's doing pretty well now, in fact he put together numerous Ikea chairs and bookcases as we furnished our new house in Washington.  Great Occupational Therapy!  He also built a large raft and firepit, which came out beautifully.  He still gets tired quite easily and frustrated and there's a lot of room for improvement, but he was able to drive a fully loaded car from Seattle to Palm Desert by himself and that's a great accomplishment.

We came north in May to prepare the house for the arrival of the two kids who were not getting married, enjoyed their visit and the wedding, and then went back to pack up the car and drive home for the summer.  Since DH was limited in his endurance, we planned a nice trip through Las Vegas to see kids, Zion National Park, Salt Lake City, Boise, Walla Walla and then home.  We took a week and had a great time seeing places we hadn't visited together.  We also listened to an audio version of The Boys in the Boat, which you should listen to or read if you're one of the three people in the US who hasn't yet.

 
We went on two hikes at Zion.  This one had you walking in rushing water on slippery rocks to continue on the trail.  We went for awhile but it got sort of deep and I didn't think it was a good idea to go too far.  Beautiful sights, though!



We made it home safely after spending a nice night by the River Walk in Boise, and doing some wine tasting in Walla Walla.  All in all, a very enjoyable way to get here.

When we left off last time, I had said that I put longer sleeves onto my Brynna cardigan.  Indeed I did, and I wore it to an evening movie, where it was just the right weight and coverage.



As far as other knitting goes, the big things I have finished:  Neon,



  Posh Petals,


and Transmute.



There are always socks and other random small items I'm working on.  For example, I'm making some golf club covers for DH.  He bought new clubs so he can start playing more often, so what else to ask for than knitted covers, right?  Here's the brightest one so far:

 

I've become obsessed by yarn from The Plucky Knitter and have added quite a few skeins to my collection, but at least I'm using some of it, right?  All the projects pictured here use that yarn.  Hey, must be time to get more!

So this doesn't get too tedious, I'll stop now and continue on real soon, I promise!  Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Up To: Part Three. Missouri

Tuesday morning The Princess and I flew to St. Louis, rented a car, and drove a couple of hours to St. Robert, MO.  My SIL joined the National Guard and graduated from Boot Camp on May 9th, so we wanted to be on hand to congratulate him.  May 8th was Family Day, so we got to pick him up at Fort Leonard Wood and take him with us for the day.  He looks very handsome and impressive in his dress uniform! The Princess and her cadre of Army Wives.  Facebook is handy for making connections! We enjoyed meeting some of his buddies and their families and spending some quiet time, then had to have him back on post at 9:00 PM.  The next morning, we went back for an impressive graduation ceremony.  When that was over, we drove to a restaurant several miles out of town.  The drive was beautiful and the restaurant was actually in a cave.  The "shuttle" from the parking lot to the restaurant and "resort" was an old, rickety van driven by someone who might

The Great Adventure 2017 Part Eleven

Okay, we are heading into our last week and I should finish the narrative in no time!  We left off as we were riding the train to Oxford, which was where we picked up our next car.  Our B&B was in Stow-on-the-Wold, which should have been a fairly quick and easy drive.  Unfortunately, our GPS again conspired against us and by the time we figured out we were indeed going in the wrong direction, we had made our drive into a considerably longer one than it needed to be.  I hesitate to say that we wasted time, since seeing any place in England was interesting, but we did have to do some backtracking to get where we needed to be. We spent two nights in a very quaint building that was built in 1640.  The narrow circular staircase and slant to the floors bore out this fact. Imagine carrying two suitcases up these stairs! We had heard good things about the Cotswolds and were looking forward to seeing some part of the area.  Our first impression was that they are indeed popular with

Catching Up

It's been awhile since I've posted any knitting, but I have finished a few things. Let's see, I got it into my head that I had to finish my Cozy wrap before our trip to Ireland, so I could take it on the plane as a blankie. Well, I knitted and knitted, so much so that my elbow began to hurt (ack!) but didn't finish. I decided to take it with me as airplane knitting, even though the larger, sharper Harmony needles I was using could perhaps be a problem, but they sailed through security screening each time. (I love these needles by the way, in all sizes. I haven't had any problems with them at all.) So Cozy came with me, sat on my lap, and I finally finished it halfway through the trip. Then I decided that it wasn't long enough, so I packed it into my suitcase and planned to block it out larger after returning home. Well, I blocked it and now it's really long, but I still like it and use it to throw over my shoulders as I sit and knit at home. Here&#