Skip to main content

Losing Track of Time

A couple of days ago, Pat and I were talking about how long ago our surgery was.  I was sure that the answer was 6 weeks.  Since I'm always right 😉, I made him get out the calendar and count the weeks because he thought it was 7 this week.  After counting several times, I admitted he was right.

7 weeks!  That means the lifting restriction will be up next week for sure and I can get my weights out.  It's funny, too, that now that I know we're farther along than I thought, I feel better.  The light at the end of the tunnel of being an invalid is in view, so I can go back to feeling healthy.  😀

In honor of that, I walked to the post office and back this morning - about 4 miles.  No marathon, but about double my usual distance.  And it felt great!  I've been doing some yoga, and plan to start back to class on Friday if there's room for me.  I'm all signed up for March, too.  The residual soreness around the main incision is still there but much better and my energy level isn't back to normal, but I feel like myself again.

Pat is doing well, too.  He still has to avoid germs so can't be around lots of people and that keeps us feeling a little cooped up (not to mention the torrential rains that make it less than desirable to be outside).  Good news is that he had a stent removed that was to guard against a build up of scar tissue where the new kidney connected to the bladder and, while the procedure to get it out was less than enjoyable, the irritation from it has gone away.  He is doing well with his labs and is down to getting them done once a week and visiting his doctors every two weeks.  Things are looking up!

We had a fun outing on Valentine's Day.  We went to Flaming Geyser Park on the Green River, which is only about a twenty minute drive from here.  We had a nice little hike along the river and through the trees but didn't go too far due to the muddiness of the ground.  It was a rare nice day in the midst of lots of rain, so careful walking was called for.  We need to go back in the spring and explore further.






The water level in our lake is high - we usually have about three more feet of beach than this and the pilings are visible under the dock.  Reminder:  clicking on any photo on the blog will make it bigger if you want more detail.



I'm busy knitting, of course.  Currently one obsession is a mystery shawl called Hale Bopp.  It's by an Australian designer, Ambah O'Brien.   I've admired her patterns before but never made one.  It's been a lot of knitting through Clue 2 but I like how it's coming out.



And the last good news:  while I've been very happy that stretchy leggings are in fashion right now, since that's all I've been able to wear, I am pleased to report that I can again zip up my jeans!  Will wonders never cease?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Up To: Part Three. Missouri

Tuesday morning The Princess and I flew to St. Louis, rented a car, and drove a couple of hours to St. Robert, MO.  My SIL joined the National Guard and graduated from Boot Camp on May 9th, so we wanted to be on hand to congratulate him.  May 8th was Family Day, so we got to pick him up at Fort Leonard Wood and take him with us for the day.  He looks very handsome and impressive in his dress uniform! The Princess and her cadre of Army Wives.  Facebook is handy for making connections! We enjoyed meeting some of his buddies and their families and spending some quiet time, then had to have him back on post at 9:00 PM.  The next morning, we went back for an impressive graduation ceremony.  When that was over, we drove to a restaurant several miles out of town.  The drive was beautiful and the restaurant was actually in a cave.  The "shuttle" from the parking lot to the restaurant and "resort" was an old, rickety van driven by someone who might

The Great Adventure 2017 Part Eleven

Okay, we are heading into our last week and I should finish the narrative in no time!  We left off as we were riding the train to Oxford, which was where we picked up our next car.  Our B&B was in Stow-on-the-Wold, which should have been a fairly quick and easy drive.  Unfortunately, our GPS again conspired against us and by the time we figured out we were indeed going in the wrong direction, we had made our drive into a considerably longer one than it needed to be.  I hesitate to say that we wasted time, since seeing any place in England was interesting, but we did have to do some backtracking to get where we needed to be. We spent two nights in a very quaint building that was built in 1640.  The narrow circular staircase and slant to the floors bore out this fact. Imagine carrying two suitcases up these stairs! We had heard good things about the Cotswolds and were looking forward to seeing some part of the area.  Our first impression was that they are indeed popular with

The Great Adventure 2017 Part Twelve - Last Stop, London!

We arrived in London by train from Oxford on Thursday morning, Oct. 12.  After deciding that we didn't want to figure out the Tube while dealing with our luggage, we took a taxi to our hotel.  We did buy our travel cards at the station so we were all set for tackling the underground later that night.  This was our smallest room yet but worked for what we used it for. Our hotel was in the Kensington neighborhood and chosen to be convenient to the things we wanted to do in London.  We unpacked and headed out for a walk in Kensington Gardens.  It's beautiful and huge.  We noticed the Albert Memorial and walked by Kensington Palace and the statue of Queen Victoria.  If we hadn't had our fill of palaces already, we would be in the right place to see more. We kept walking and ended up at the Victoria and Albert Museum, which neither of us had seen before.  It's an immense art museum with endless collections.  A couple of things I liked were the room of tapestries