The second finished object I accomplished was the socks. These were made from the Interlacements wool roving I got in the gift box of practice fiber from Goatlady. I spun half of it into thick/thin yarn (that's so soft!) but haven't used it for anything but a swatch yet. I think it might turn into some fingerless mitts.
I knit a basic, toe-up sock so I could more easily use up all the yarn, but I had plenty. There's more than enough left to make a square or two for my sock yarn blankie! Here are the socks again:
The project I just finished was spun some time ago. I got a braid of Targhee roving soon after I took my first spindle class in October of 2008. This sat until after I got my Ashford wheel and worked up my courage to try to spin nice roving. (By the way, I recommend using the "nice" roving. It's more fun and you'll pretty much always get something you can use.) So after my successful initial effort with the Interlacements wool, I got going on the Targhee. It still came out quite thick and thin and pretty bulky, but it wasn't bad. Here's how it looked during the spinning:
Here's the finished yarn:
And here's the finished product (again). You'll notice the difference in striping between the two as again, it was just grab a hunk, divide, and spin.
My task in spinning this year will be to try to work with the colors so I can get them where I want them; i.e., progression, striping, etc. I think I'll take a Spinning for Socks class at my local LYS which promises to help with that.