Skip to main content

Two months!

Yes, Wednesday was 8 weeks post surgery and things are getting back to normal around here.  Pat has actually been released to travel so we're happily planning a possible trip to the desert sometime in April.  He's not sure how long he can be away from his doctors here, so we have some more information to gather before we can get too excited.  We still feel a little housebound as he has to be careful about being around too many people and especially little kids.  Yesterday we ventured out to a movie, choosing an afternoon showing to avoid crowds and arriving armed with disinfectant wipes to clean off the seats. We saw Hidden Figures and enjoyed it very much.

I still have the little bit of soreness, numbness and swelling around my main incision site.  I expect that will last for awhile longer.  Other than that, my energy is much better and I feel pretty normal.  I walk every day, weather permitting.  The usual distance around the lake is 2-2.5 miles and then I throw in a 4 mile walk every few days.  I started back to my yoga class on Fridays, too, which is so nice.  I've been telling myself to get my weights out, but haven't quite gotten that far yet.

The water drinking continues, and look what I got from Ravelry to make it more fun!  I've had camelback bottles before and liked them so couldn't resist this one with the sheep on it.  Makes those 2 liters of water disappear like magic every day!

And of course, I've been knitting a lot.  I'm slogging through a big sweater that I thought, for some reason, would be a good idea to make.  I'll post a photo if it ever gets finished.  

I'm still working on the Hale Bopp mystery shawl and we're through Clue 3 now.  You can see that it was designed to resemble the shape of the comet.  There's only one clue left and it's supposed to use just one color (the black in my case).  People are guessing what's coming and it's probably going to be some kind of border to finish it off.  Will be fun to finish and see what it will look like.


I've been following another mystery shawl knitalong by Stephen West.  It intrigued me because it's using a marled technique where you use two strands of fingering weight (sock yarn) held together so the colors blend and you can pretty much switch up the colors whenever you want to.  I got together a bunch of scraps and decided to make an easy blanket using the same technique and get a bunch of little bits used up.  His shawls are often too weird for me so I thought I'd use the idea and make a blanket.  I love the wool blankets I've made...and seem to always have a few on the needles in various locations and stages of completion.

All for now from the excitement capital of Maple Valley!


Comments

A :-) said…
Hey - so glad all is well - I hadn't kept up here and didn't realize what was going on for you. Wow! You really are amazing :-)

I'm also working on Hale Bopp and I'm nearly out of my CC2 color - so was very glad to read the hint that whatever is left for Clue 4 likely won't be using it. Crossing my fingers. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Up To: Part Three. Missouri

Tuesday morning The Princess and I flew to St. Louis, rented a car, and drove a couple of hours to St. Robert, MO.  My SIL joined the National Guard and graduated from Boot Camp on May 9th, so we wanted to be on hand to congratulate him.  May 8th was Family Day, so we got to pick him up at Fort Leonard Wood and take him with us for the day.  He looks very handsome and impressive in his dress uniform! The Princess and her cadre of Army Wives.  Facebook is handy for making connections! We enjoyed meeting some of his buddies and their families and spending some quiet time, then had to have him back on post at 9:00 PM.  The next morning, we went back for an impressive graduation ceremony.  When that was over, we drove to a restaurant several miles out of town.  The drive was beautiful and the restaurant was actually in a cave.  The "shuttle" from the parking lot to the restaurant and "resort" was an old, rickety van driven by someone who might

The Great Adventure 2017 Part Eleven

Okay, we are heading into our last week and I should finish the narrative in no time!  We left off as we were riding the train to Oxford, which was where we picked up our next car.  Our B&B was in Stow-on-the-Wold, which should have been a fairly quick and easy drive.  Unfortunately, our GPS again conspired against us and by the time we figured out we were indeed going in the wrong direction, we had made our drive into a considerably longer one than it needed to be.  I hesitate to say that we wasted time, since seeing any place in England was interesting, but we did have to do some backtracking to get where we needed to be. We spent two nights in a very quaint building that was built in 1640.  The narrow circular staircase and slant to the floors bore out this fact. Imagine carrying two suitcases up these stairs! We had heard good things about the Cotswolds and were looking forward to seeing some part of the area.  Our first impression was that they are indeed popular with

Catching Up

It's been awhile since I've posted any knitting, but I have finished a few things. Let's see, I got it into my head that I had to finish my Cozy wrap before our trip to Ireland, so I could take it on the plane as a blankie. Well, I knitted and knitted, so much so that my elbow began to hurt (ack!) but didn't finish. I decided to take it with me as airplane knitting, even though the larger, sharper Harmony needles I was using could perhaps be a problem, but they sailed through security screening each time. (I love these needles by the way, in all sizes. I haven't had any problems with them at all.) So Cozy came with me, sat on my lap, and I finally finished it halfway through the trip. Then I decided that it wasn't long enough, so I packed it into my suitcase and planned to block it out larger after returning home. Well, I blocked it and now it's really long, but I still like it and use it to throw over my shoulders as I sit and knit at home. Here&#